Make Finding the Ford F-150 For You Simple
If you’ve already got your selection narrowed down your car search, and the 2017 Ford F-150 made the cut, then finding a quality powertrain configuration starts here. Keep reading below and we’ll show you how to find the engine you need.
Finding Your F-150
The 2017 Ford F-150 offers drivers the option to choose between five different powertrain configurations depending on the selected model. Each one offers something different suit according to factors like towing, versatility, and fuel efficiency. The configurations and their explanations are as follows:
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 – With power outputs as high as 325 hp and 375 lb-ft of torque, this six-speed automatic engine is able to provide mileage as good as 19 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway. This setup is perfectly balanced for the driver looking for a versatile daily driver.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 – 375 hp and 450 lb-ft of torque make this heavy-duty ten-speed automatic powertrain ready to get to work. With the ability to tow more than the previous engine and maintain high fuel economy of 18 mpg city and 25 mpg highway this option is great for those looking for a work truck with potential to go far with a moderate amount of cargo.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 – On the lower side of the power spectrum, this 282 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque pumping engine is great for those looking for balanced power and fuel economy to fulfill all their daily driving needs. Mileage gets as high as 18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 – With the switch to a V8 engine, this powerhouse easily pumps out 385 hp, 387 lb-ft of torque and mileage as high as 15 mpg city and 22 mpg highway. These proportions make it well suited as an entry level work truck with a lot of potential.
- H.O. 3.5L EcoBoost V6 – For those needing a work truck that can pull its weight and then some, then this engine’s 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque are sure to fit the bill. EPA estimated mileage gets as high as 15 mpg city and 18 mpg highway.
Let Tom’s Ford Help You
If you’ve finally narrowed down the powertrain configuration of the 2017 Ford F-150 that works best for you, or if you still need some assistance finding your best fit then stop by and visit the team at Tom’s Ford and we’ll be happy to help. We are located at 200 State Highway 35 in NJ and can also be contacted by phone at 732-410-6227.